February 12, 2015
Western Michigan University's Career and Student Employment Services is hosting the 37th annual Career Fair to Thursday, February 12, 2015 in the Bernhard Center Ballrooms on WMU's main campus from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Be sure to visit both ballrooms on the second floor of the Bernhard Center.
Companies from various industries from Southwest Michigan, throughout the state, and across the nation will attend the fair to promote their organizations and recruit WMU candidates for internship, co-op, part-time and full-time positions. Employers will collect resumes at the fair and some will schedule on-campus interviews for Friday, February 13, 2015. These will be held in the West Ballroom at the Bernhard Center.
Students and alumni planning on attending the event are encouraged to wear professional business attire and bring copies of their resumes. The Career Fair is open to the public and no registration for students is required, although students must check in with their Bronco IDs upon arrival at the job seeker check-in station.
Career Fair Agenda
- Shuttles from parking lots #10 and #102: 8 to 10 a.m.
- Arrive and unload materials: 8 to 9 a.m.
- Continental breakfast in the Faculty Lounge: 8:30 to 10 a.m.
- Students begin circulating: 10 a.m.
- Lunch served (fair continues): 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Fair concludes: 3 p.m.
- Shuttles to parking lots #10 and #102: 3 to 4 p.m.
Package Delivery Services
Employers are welcome to send packages containing job fair materials to WMU prior to The Career Fair and are responsible for shipping costs. WMU Logistical Services will ensure that your organization’s materials are at the Bernhard Center when you arrive for the fair if the steps and directions are followed below.
SEND PACKAGES TO:
Western Michigan University
c/o THE CAREER FAIR 2015
1201 Oliver Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5347
- <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->FedEx and UPS are the only vendors that can be used for shipping to WMU.
- <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->Label three sides of the package with “THE CAREER FAIR 2015”
- <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->To ensure that packages are at the Bernhard Center on the morning of the Career Fair, please arrange delivery to WMU between February 1 and 6. Be sure to confirm with your carrier how long your package will take to arrive.
- <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->Employers need to record the tracking number for packages shipped to WMU and have it handy on the day of the Career Fair.
- <!--[if !supportLists]-->Return labels MUST BE printed by the employer and attached to outgoing packages for shipment. Packages cannot be sent without the return label. WMU Logistical Services will gather the return packages after the Career Fair (no later than 3:45 p.m., Bernhard Center Employer Registration Desk on the second floor) and packages will be sent out Friday, February 13.
Questions regarding WMU Logistical Services and delivery of packages to the Career Fair should be directed to:
Baymont Inn*, 2203 S. 11th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 372-7999
Best Western Plus Kalamazoo Suites*, 2575 S. 11th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 350-5522
Country Inn and Suites*, 1912 E. Kilgore Road, Kalamazoo, MI 49002, (269) 382-2303
Fairfield Inn West*, 6420 Cracker Barrel Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 353-6400
Hampton Inn & Suites**, 5059 S. 9th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 372-1010
Holiday Inn-West*, 2747 S. 11th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 375-6000
Radisson Plaza Hotel**, 100 W. Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, (269) 343-3333
*For discount, please ask for the Western Michigan University rate.
**For discount, please ask for the Western Friends & Family rate.
Checker Cab, (269) 345-0177
Metro Transit Bus, (269) 337-8222
Jet Transit (pick-up), (269) 344-0920
Northwest, (800) 692-2746
American Airlines, (800) 433-7300
Delta, (800) 221-1212
Continental, (800) 523-3273
Midwest, (800) 452-2022
Northwest, (800) 221-1212
U.S. Air, (800) 428-4322
Visit the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport website for flight information.
Applebee's, (269) 382-4448
Bilbo's Pizza, (269) 382-5544
The Union, (269) 384-6756
Burdick's Bar & Grill, (269) 226-3192
Food Dance Café, (269) 382-1888
Gallagher's Eatery & Pub, (269) 372-7177
Martell's, (269) 375-2105
Olde Peninsula, (269) 343-2739
Outback Steakhouse, (269) 342-4329
T.G.I.Friday's, (269) 349-6010
University Roadhouse, (269) 345-7990
Webster's Fine Dining, (269) 343-4444
For more information regarding The Career Fair 2015, please contact Career and Student Employment Services at (269) 387-2745.