February 13, 2015
Western Michigan University's Career and Student Employment Services is hosting the Government and Nonprofit Career Fair on Friday, February 13 in the Bernhard Center East Ballroom on WMU's main campus from 1 to 4 p.m.
Government and nonprofit agencies from Southwest Michigan and throughout the state will attend the fair to recruit WMU candidates for internship, part-time and full-time positions.
Students and alumni planning on attending the event are encouraged to wear business casual or business professional attire and bring copies of their resumes. The Government and Nonprofit Career Fair is open to the public and no registration for students is required, although students must check in with their Bronco IDs upon arrival at the job seeker check-in station.
The fair is open to the public and does not require prior registration for job seekers.
Government and Nonprofit Career Fair Agenda
- Park in the Ellsworth Ramp (lot #80, http://maps.pp.wmich.edu/interactive/)
- Set up: 12:30 to 1 p.m.
- Refreshments for employers (Brown and Gold room)
- Students begin circulating: 1 p.m.
- Fair concludes: 4 p.m.
Package Delivery Services
Employers are welcome to send packages containing job fair materials to WMU prior to the fair. Materials must be sent via FedEx and UPS only, and employers are responsible for shipping costs. WMU Logistical Services will ensure that your materials are at the Bernhard Center when you arrive on the afternoon of February 13.
Send packages to:
Western Michigan University
c/o GOVERNMENT AND NONPROFIT CAREER FAIR
1201 Oliver Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5347
- FedEx and UPS are the only vendors that can be used for shipping to WMU.
- To ensure that packages are at the Bernhard Center on the afternoon of the fair, please arrange delivery to WMU between February 3 and 11.
- Employers should record the tracking number for packages shipped to WMU and have it handy on the day of fair.
- Return labels MUST BE printed by the employer and attached to outgoing packages for shipment. Packages cannot be sent without the return label. WMU Logistical Services will gather the return packages after the fair (no later than 4:30 p.m., Bernhard Center employer registration on the second floor), and packages will be sent out Monday, February 16.
Questions regarding WMU Logistical Services and delivery of packages to the fair should be directed to:
Baymont Inn*, 2203 S. 11th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 372-7999
Best Western Plus Kalamazoo Suites*, 2575 S. 11th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 350-5522
Country Inn and Suites*, 1912 E. Kilgore Road, Kalamazoo, MI 49002, (269) 382-2303
Fairfield Inn West*, 6420 Cracker Barrel Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 353-6400
Hampton Inn & Suites**, 5059 S. 9th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 372-1010
Holiday Inn-West*, 2747 S. 11th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 375-6000
Radisson Plaza Hotel**, 100 W. Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, (269) 343-3333
*For discount, please ask for the Western Michigan University rate.
**For discount, please ask for the Western Friends & Family rate.
Checker Cab, (269) 345-0177
Metro Transit Bus, (269) 337-8222
Jet Transit (pick-up), (269) 344-0920
Northwest, (800) 692-2746
American Airlines, (800) 433-7300
Delta, (800) 221-1212
Continental, (800) 523-3273
Midwest, (800) 452-2022
Northwest, (800) 221-1212
U.S. Air, (800) 428-4322
Visit the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport website for flight information.
Applebee's, (269) 382-4448
Bilbo's Pizza, (269) 382-5544
The Union, (269) 384-6756
Burdick's Bar & Grill, (269) 226-3192
Food Dance Café, (269) 382-1888
Gallagher's Eatery & Pub, (269) 372-7177
Martell's, (269) 375-2105
Olde Peninsula, (269) 343-2739
Outback Steakhouse, (269) 342-4329
T.G.I.Friday's, (269) 349-6010
University Roadhouse, (269) 345-7990
Webster's Fine Dining, (269) 343-4444
If you have questions, please contact Kristin Kinney, Employer Relations Assistant, at (269) 387-2745 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Buffy Nespodzany, Assistant Director for Employer Relations and Job Development at email@example.com.