February 13, 2015
Western Michigan University's Career and Student Employment Services has partnered with the WMU College of Arts and Sciences for the first annual Government and Nonprofit Fair. Additional support has been provided by the Kalamazoo College Center for Career and Professional Development; and the Kalamazoo College Mary Jane Underwood Stryker Center for Civic Engagement.
The event takes place on Friday, February 13 in the Bernhard Center East Ballroom on WMU's main campus from 1 to 4 p.m. Government and nonprofit agencies from Southwest Michigan and throughout the state will attend the fair to recruit WMU candidates for internship, part-time and full-time positions (no volunteer).
Students and alumni planning on attending the event are encouraged to wear business casual or business professional attire and bring copies of their resumes. The Government and Nonprofit Career Fair is open to the public and no registration for students is required, although students must check in with their Bronco IDs upon arrival at the job seeker check-in station.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call (269) 387-2745
We need volunteers!
- Volunteers have the opportunity to closely interact with employers by assisting them with the set up of recruitment materials.
- The effort shows employers that you volunteer, which makes an excellent first impression with recruiters, and is a great experience to place on your resume.
- Volunteers can receive service hours to fulfill for another organization, a class, Lee Honors College, etc.
- If your registered student organization (RSO) or team is interested in providing multiple volunteers, your RSO or team can have its logo on display at the Government and Nonprofit Career Fair.
- If you have any questions, please contact Kristin Kinney at firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 387-2745.
To volunteer, sign up here:Volunteer for the Government and Nonprofit Fair
Government and Nonprofit Career Fair Agenda
- Park in the Ellsworth Ramp (lot #80, http://maps.pp.wmich.edu/interactive/)
- Set up: 12:30 to 1 p.m.
- Students begin circulating: 1 p.m.
- Fair concludes: 4 p.m.
Package Delivery Services
Employers are welcome to send packages containing job fair materials to WMU prior to the Government and Nonprofit Fair and are responsible for shipping costs. WMU Logistical Services will ensure that your organization’s materials are at the Bernhard Center when you arrive for the fair if the steps and directions are followed below.
SEND PACKAGES TO:
Western Michigan University
c/o GOVERNMENT AND NONPROFIT FAIR
1201 Oliver Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5347
- FedEx and UPS are the only vendors that can be used for shipping to WMU.
- IMPORTANT: Mark three sides of the package with “GOVERNMENT AND NONPROFIT FAIR”
- To ensure that packages are at the Bernhard Center the morning of the fair, please arrange delivery to WMU between February 1 and 6. Be sure to confirm with your carrier how long your package will take to arrive.
- Employers need to record the tracking number for packages shipped to WMU and have it handy the day of the fair.
- Return labels MUST BE printed by the employer and attached to outgoing packages for shipment. Packages cannot be sent without the return label. WMU Logistical Services will gather the return packages after the fair (no later than 3:45 p.m., Bernhard Center Employer Registration Desk on the second floor), and packages will be sent out Friday, February 13.
Questions regarding WMU Logistical Services and delivery of packages to the Government and Nonprofit Fair should be directed to:
Baymont Inn*, 2203 S. 11th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 372-7999
Best Western Plus Kalamazoo Suites*, 2575 S. 11th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 350-5522
Country Inn and Suites*, 1912 E. Kilgore Road, Kalamazoo, MI 49002, (269) 382-2303
Fairfield Inn West*, 6420 Cracker Barrel Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 353-6400
Hampton Inn & Suites**, 5059 S. 9th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 372-1010
Holiday Inn-West*, 2747 S. 11th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 375-6000
Radisson Plaza Hotel**, 100 W. Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, (269) 343-3333
*For discount, please ask for the Western Michigan University rate.
**For discount, please ask for the Western Friends & Family rate.
Checker Cab, (269) 345-0177
Metro Transit Bus, (269) 337-8222
Jet Transit (pick-up), (269) 344-0920
Northwest, (800) 692-2746
American Airlines, (800) 433-7300
Delta, (800) 221-1212
Continental, (800) 523-3273
Midwest, (800) 452-2022
Northwest, (800) 221-1212
U.S. Air, (800) 428-4322
Visit the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport website for flight information.
Applebee's, (269) 382-4448
Bilbo's Pizza, (269) 382-5544
The Union, (269) 384-6756
Burdick's Bar & Grill, (269) 226-3192
Food Dance Café, (269) 382-1888
Gallagher's Eatery & Pub, (269) 372-7177
Martell's, (269) 375-2105
Olde Peninsula, (269) 343-2739
Outback Steakhouse, (269) 342-4329
T.G.I.Friday's, (269) 349-6010
University Roadhouse, (269) 345-7990
Webster's Fine Dining, (269) 343-4444
If you have questions, please contact Amanda Jeppesen, Employer Relations Associate at (269) 387-2745 or via email at email@example.com