Friday, February 16, 2018
1 to 4 p.m.
Bernhard Center East ballroom (GPS address: 1922 West Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo 49008)
Government and nonprofit fair 2018 sponsors: city year, kalamazoo college, and moka
Thank you to City Year, Kalamazoo College, and Moka for their support and sponsorship of Government and Nonprofit Fair 2018.
Questions regarding the Government and Nonprofit Fair 2018: Contact the employer engagement team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 387-2745
WMU Career and Student Employment Services, WMU College of Arts and Sciences, and Kalamazoo College welcomes you to participate in the 4th annual Government and Nonprofit Fair.
- The Government and Nonprofit Fair is on Friday, February 16, 2018, in the Bernhard Center East ballroom, from 1 to 4 p.m.
- All students interested in working for a governmental or nonprofit organization, regardless of their program of study, are encouraged to attend this event. Search for employers hiring from you area using Handshake.
- The fair is free and open to the public. All attendees must check in upon entering the event. WMU students may swipe into the fair using their Bronco Card.
- Job seekers should dress in appropriate professional attire and bring a sufficient supply of resumes to distribute to employers.
- Students should visit Career and Student Employment Services for assistance preparing for the event. We help with employer research, resume critique, practice interview, 30-second commercial, how to dress, proper employer thank you and follow up, salary negotiation and more.
Western Michigan University's Career and Student Employment Services and the College of Arts and Sciences will host the fourth annual Government and Nonprofit Fair on Friday, February 16, from 1 to 4 p.m., at the Bernhard Center on WMU's west campus. (GPS address: 1922 West Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo 49008)
Government and nonprofit agencies will attend the fair to recruit WMU candidates for internship, part- and full-time positions, and will recruit from all programs of study. Organizations are not permitted to advertise volunteer positions in their registration profiles or during the fair.
Organization registration occurs before the event and is on a first-come, first-serve basis until capacity is reached and the fair is closed.
Government and Nonprofit Fair registration packages:
$35 per organization | WMU Departments - no cost
- One 6' covered table
- Up to four representatives per table
- Parking at WMU
- Assistance with unloading/carrying fair materials to and from drop off location in front of Bernhard Center
- Inclusion in fair promotional materials
- Appetizers and refreshments during fair
Sponsorship package | $100
- Prime table placement during the event
- Organization logo on all publicity material
- Recognition as a sponsor of the event in all communications to students, faculty, and staff
- All other amenities listed above in the registration package included in the sponsorship package
Questions regarding Government and Nonprofit Fair 2018 should be directed to the employer engagement team: email@example.com | (269) 387-2745
- Register for Government and Nonprofit Fair 2018 - after you register, our team processes your request and sends you an invoice via email with payment instructions.
- Pay via credit card at the TouchNet link provided on the invoice sent by our team via email.
- Receive payment receipt and "registration secured" confirmation via email send by our team after your payment is processed.
Note: Registration requests are insecure until payment is received and processed by Career and Student Employment Services.
- Registrations after January 1 must be paid the day of registration by credit card, or company checks need to be processed and sent via priority mail within two business days of registration date.
- Employers needing to cancel their registration must notify Career and Student Employment Services in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Monday, January 8, at 5 p.m. After this date, registrations are final and refunds are unavailable
- Career and Student Employment Services makes every effort to collect fair payment from employers. If payment is not received after two invoice attempts (via phone and email), our career office sends notice to the employer that due to non payment the reservation is cancelled.
- Noon to 1 p.m.: Arrival, unload materials and registration
- 1 p.m.: Students begin circulating
- 1 to 3 p.m.: Light snack and refreshments served (fair continues)
- 4 p.m.: Fair concludes
- Park in Lot 41 behind Sangren Hall (GPS coordinates: 42.2850, -85.6156)
- Find Lot 41 numbered and highlighted in pink on the map below.
Employers are welcome to send packages containing job fair materials to WMU prior to the fair. Materials must be sent via FedEx and UPS only, and employers are responsible for shipping costs. WMU Logistical Services will ensure that your materials are at the Bernhard Center when you arrive on February 16.
Send packages to:
Western Michigan University
c/o GNP Fair 2018
Attn: Amanda Jeppesen
1201 Oliver Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5347
- Ship on time! Contact your carrier and arrange for delivery to WMU based on your city/state to ensure packages arrive at WMU between February 12 and February 14.
- FedEx and UPS are the ONLY vendors that can be used for shipping to WMU.
- Record the tracking number for packages shipped to WMU and have it handy on the day of the fair.
- Return labels MUST BE PRINTED by the employer and attached to outgoing packages for shipment. Packages cannot be sent without the return label.
- WMU Logistical Services will gather the return packages after Government and Nonprofit Fair (no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, Bernhard Center ballroom lobby), and packages will be sent out Monday, February 19.
Questions regarding WMU Logistical Services and delivery of packages should be directed to:
Cancellation policy: Employers needing to cancel their registration must notify Career and Student Employment Services in writing at email@example.com on or before Monday, January 8, at 5 p.m. After this date, registrations are final and refunds are unavailable
Tobacco policy: Effective September 1, 2014, the use of tobacco products is only permitted in enclosed personal vehicles. The use of tobacco products is not permitted indoors or outdoors on any University property.
Questions regarding Government and Nonprofit Fair should be directed to the employer engagement team: firstname.lastname@example.org | (269) 387-2745
Baymont Inn*, 2203 S. 11th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 372-7999
Best Western Plus Kalamazoo Suites*, 2575 S. 11th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 350-5522
Country Inn and Suites*, 1912 E. Kilgore Road, Kalamazoo, MI 49002, (269) 382-2303
Fairfield Inn West*, 6420 Cracker Barrel Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 353-6400
Hampton Inn & Suites**, 5059 S. 9th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 372-1010
Holiday Inn-West*, 2747 S. 11th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 375-6000
Radisson Plaza Hotel**, 100 W. Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, (269) 343-3333
*For discount, please ask for the Western Michigan University rate.
**For discount, please ask for the Western Friends & Family rate.
Checker Cab, (269) 345-0177
Metro Transit Bus, (269) 337-8222
American Airlines, (800) 433-7300
Delta, (800) 221-1212
Continental, (800) 523-3273
Midwest, (800) 452-2022
Northwest, (800) 221-1212
U.S. Air, (800) 428-4322
Visit the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport website for flight information.
Applebee's, (269) 382-4448
Bilbo's Pizza, (269) 382-5544
The Union, (269) 384-6756
Burdick's Bar & Grill, (269) 226-3192
Food Dance Café, (269) 382-1888
Gallagher's Eatery & Pub, (269) 372-7177
Martell's, (269) 375-2105
Olde Peninsula, (269) 343-2739
Outback Steakhouse, (269) 342-4329
T.G.I. Friday's, (269) 349-6010
University Roadhouse, (269) 345-7990
Webster's Fine Dining, (269) 343-4444