Gary L. Belleville Student Employee of the Year
- Career and Student Employment Services hosts the Student Employee Appreciation Week celebration every February. The week is dedicated to all student employees and is a time to recognize all the hard work and contributions that student employees make to Western Michigan University. The week also offers the opportunity to showcase an outstanding Student Employee and Student Supervisor.
- Student employees work in most campus departments. Their work ranges from cashiers to graduate assistants. WMU employs nearly 4,000 during the fall/spring semesters. Campus student employment allows students to build skills, explore career options, and make meaningful contributions to the university and community.
- This year’s celebration was February 18-22, 2013. One major activity of Student Employee Appreciation Week includes honoring all nominations and presenting awards to the Student Employee of the Year and the Supervisor of the Year. Supervisors may nominate student employees, and student employees may nominate their supervisors. A judging event is held at the beginning of February to determine which nominees will win. The winning student’s nomination is forwarded to a national competition. The online nomination process for "Student Employee of the Year" and "Supervisor of the Year" is now closed and will open again in Spring semester 2014.
- If you wish to create certificates of appreciation for your student staff, you may do so with the Student appreciation Certificate.
- We give a limited number of small appreciation gifts that you may request before the event. Check back on this page for the request form.