Providing writing assistance for
graduate and undergraduate students in all majors and from all Western Michigan University classes and locations
The Writing Center is on the first floor of Ellsworth Hall in room 1343. We offer appointment-based and drop-in assistance on campus and by telephone or Skype as well as Writing Center information presentations and writing workshops.
- Schedule an on-campus appointment.
NOTE: To make Spring 2013 Exam Week appointments, use the above link and then click on the downward arrow to connect with the 2013 Exam Week Schedule. The exam week schedule differs from the Spring 2013 Appointments and Drop-ins schedule. (Sorry for the clunky set-up, but we need to keep both schedules live.)
- Drop-in to the Writing Center during our open hours; no appointment is required. We'll work with you immediately, if possible, or within the hour.
To drop-in long distance, call us at 269.387.4615 during our open hours.
- Schedule a telephone or Skype appointment if you are enrolled in an online class or cannot come to campus. Be sure to include your telephone or Skype name so we may contact you. Email any text you want to discuss to email@example.com. Our Skype name is WMUwritingcenter1.
- Arrange to have a consultant visit your class or campus organization to talk about the Writing Center.
- Discuss a workshop you'd like to have a Writing Center representative present in your class, training, or meeting.
When classes are not in session, Writing Center staff will still try to help students who call (269) 387-4615 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for appointments.
Hours of Operation (Year Round)
1343 Ellsworth Hall
Appointment and drop-in assistance.
Monday through Wednesday
10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
3rd Floor Waldo Library
Drop-in assistance only.
5 p.m. to 8 p.m.