Civil Engineering Objectives
The objectives of the civil engineering program at Western Michigan University are to have graduates:
- Contribute to their profession through application of engineering fundamentals to develop innnovative solutions;
- Contribute to society through service to the community;
- Acquire leadership responsibilities;
- Continue their education through life-long learning opportunities, graduate studies, and/or self study; and
- Become professionally recognized as licenced professional engineers.