The Department of Chemistry at Western Michigan University offers degree programs for students interested in:
- Jobs through academia
- Pursuing graduate studies and jobs in the laboratory and government
- Coursework suitable for a future related to business and sales within industrial chemistry
Chemistry clears the way to many different pursuits including:
- Positions as chemists in private industry, government or education
- Professional training in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and other health-related fields
- Working in environmental science and engineering, forensics, business and law.
Masters and doctoral graduate programs provide a broad background in chemical sciences while providing opportunities for students to work closely with faculty mentors.