FCS 4290 Internship
How do I plan an Internship?
- Discuss requirements with your major faculty and internship coordinator.
- Examine your personal goals. Seek a position that will help you reach your career objectives.
- Determine how much time you have to devote to the internship.
- Apply for a position that meets requirements for your major. Internships can be completed anywhere on the planet, with major faculty approval.
- Plan ahead. Begin planning your internship 3-6 months before you plan to enroll in the course.
How do I find a position that fits the course requirements?
- Ask for ideas from faculty in your major.
- Networking (i.e. speakers in classes, job fairs).
- Register on Broncojobs.com
- Search Internet job boards.
- Email Dr. Frazier to discuss options.
How do I enroll in the course?
- Obtain a position which fits your major’s requirements.
- Determine the number of semester credits you wish to earn. Students must enroll in and complete a minimum of three credit hours per semester. One hundred hours is required for each credit enrolled. Course may be repeated, up to six credits.
- Download and complete an FCS 4290 Department Approval Form - Summer 2014
- Have your work supervisor sign the FCS 4290 Department Approval form. This signature indicates that you have discussed course requirements with your work supervisor.
- Obtain major faculty signature indicating approval of the field experience site.
- Submit hard copy of completed Department Approval Form with all signatures to professional field experience coordinator (Dr. Frazier). You will be registered for the course after all steps are completed.
Please note that it is not possible to self-register for this course. Registration deadlines are noted on the approval form, and must be strictly adhered to.
Questions? Please email Dr. Frazier