Community Dance Advocacy Award
The Community Dance Advocacy Award is given annually to honor and celebrate an individual who has demonstrated significant accomplishment in advancing and supporting dance in the greater Kalamazoo area through volunteerism, philanthropy, artistic achievement, teaching, and/or administrative leadership.
- Any individual who has demonstrated significant accomplishment in advancing
and supporting dance in the greater Kalamazoo area
- Current members of the Partners in Dance board of directors are not eligible
Anyone may submit nominations by:
- Completing a nomination form.
- Providing a one-page summary statement describing the significant accomplishments
of the person being nominated
- Providing up to five pages of supporting materials
- Nomination materials will be kept for reconsideration for three years
No materials will be returned to the nominator
Members of the Partners in Dance Community Dance Advocacy Award Committee will review all nominations and make a recommendation to the Partners in Dance Executive Committee.
The final selection will be approved by the full Partners in Dance board of directors.
The award will be presented annually. The recipient will be honored at a prominent
Partners in Dance
event, usually the Great Works Dance Project Dinner held in late January or early February.
The award will include the following:
- A plaque engraved with the recipient's name and date of award
- Two complimentary tickets to WMU Department of Dance sponsored dance concerts for one year
- Free membership in Partners in Dance for one year
- Name and year engraved on a plaque in the WMU Department of Dance office
Past recipients of the Community Dance Advocacy Award are:
- Nancy Ehrle, 2014
- Judah Gesmundo, 2014
- Diana Hart Johnson, 2013
- Jerrold T. French, 2012
- Clara Gamble, 2011
- Kathryn Williams, 2011
- Lindsey Canfield Thomas (awarded posthumously), 2010
- Dorothy Giovannini, 2010
- Therese Bullard, 2009
- Cori Terry, 2008
- Jerre Locke James, 2007