The College of Education and Human Development’s Office of Admissions and Advising at Western Michigan University serves undergraduate students with majors focusing on human development and teacher education programs. The office's mission is to partner with students to create and follow a comprehensive graduation plan designed to meet the personal, educational and professional goals of each student.
Announcements: Spring 2018 registration is now open for all students.
The College of Education and Human Development's Office of Admissions and Advising offers four different types of advising:
Drop-in advising is ideal for students who need to add a major or minor within the college, plan courses for their next semester, apply for graduation, complete NCAA advising or request study abroad course approval. During drop-in advising, advisors will meet with you on a first-come, first-served basis.
Drop-in advising is available most Monday through Friday mornings from 8:30 - 11 a.m.
Nov. 10: drop-in advising from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. only
Nov. 15: drop-in advising from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. only
Nov. 17: drop-in advising from 10 to 11 a.m. only
Nov. 23-24: no drop-in advising due to Thanksgiving holiday recess
Nov. 27: no drop-in advising
Scheduled appointments are ideal for prospective students, newly-admitted transfer students, students needing to create a graduation plan, students needing a financial aid letter, ROTC advising or post-baccalaureate initial teacher certification advising. Phone appointments can be made for students when physically coming to our office presents a hardship.
Scheduled appointments are available most Monday through Friday afternoons between 1 - 4 p.m. Schedule an appointment online. If you are unable to find an appointment time that fits your schedule, we encourage you to utilize our drop-in advising times or contact Chris Robinson for assistance in scheduling an appointment.
Group advising will be available in February-March 2018 to assist students with choosing and registering for fall 2018 classes and in September-October 2018 to assist students with choosing and registering for spring 2019 classes. Please watch your email and check back at this site early January 2018 for information on how to reserve your spot for group advising for fall 2018 classes.
General information regarding our majors and minors, and some registration errors or wait list questions, can also be answered and assisted by emailing email@example.com. Please allow two to three business days for a response.
General office hours
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2421 Sangren Hall
Find your major or minor
- Art education major
- Athletic training major
- Business education major
- Child and family development major
- Coaching minor
- Dietetics major
- Drafting minor
- Early childhood elementary education major
- Elementary education major
- Elementary education with special education—see special education major
- Elementary education minor with speech pathology and audiology major—program suspended
- Event management minor
- Exercise science major
- Family and consumer sciences teacher education major
- Family life education minor
- Family science minor
- Family studies major
- Fashion design and development major
- Fashion merchandising major
- Fashion merchandising minor
- Food service administration
- Food service operations and sustainability
- Graphic arts minor
- Health education (community emphasis) major
- Health education (community emphasis) minor
- Health education (school emphasis) major—program under review
- Health education (school emphasis) minor—minor under review
- Industrial technology education non-vocational major
- Industrial technology education vocational major
- Industrial technology education minor
- Interior design major
- Music education major
- Occupational educational studies major
- Physical and health education major
- Physical education: K-12 teacher/coach major—program under review
- Physical education: secondary education emphasis minor—minor under review
- Recreation management major
- Recreation minor
- Secondary education major
- Secondary education in business major
- Special education major
- Sport management major
- Textile and apparel studies: fashion design emphasis major
- Textile and apparel studies: merchandising emphasis major
- Textile and apparel studies: product development emphasis major
- Textile and apparel merchandising minor
- Youth and community development major
- Workforce education and development major
- Workforce education and development minor