Skip To Nav

Site-specific menu

Educator Preparation Governing Council
Educator Preparation Governing Council

MTTC Practice and Preparation Help

NCATE Accredited since 1954

Professional Reflections Magazine
Professional Reflections Magazine


Undergraduate Students

As a new undergraduate student, your application to Western Michigan University is your initial application to the College of Education and Human Development. Many of our programs require specific pre-requisite courses and others require “special admittance” to the professional level courses (junior/senior level). We recommend meeting with your academic advisor frequently throughout your time at WMU to stay up to date on program requirements and course availability. Visit Undergraduate Admissions and Advising for examples of program requirements for all our undergraduate majors and minors.

A Note for Transfer Students: The College of Education and Human Development hopes to assist you in making a smooth transition to WMU. We offer transfer guides and course equivalencies for the majority of our programs at various community colleges and four-year universities. Any specific questions can be directed by email to: .  

Graduate Students

The College of Education and Human Development offers a wide array of graduate programs, culminating in master, specialist, and doctoral degrees. Western Michigan University is a nationally ranked research institution, with accomplished faculty to guide you throughout your graduate experience. Deadlines and admission requirements vary with each program. Both prospective and current students should seek advising from the specific department. Search our graduate programs for more information.