The College of Education and Human Development is engaged in a strategic planning process that includes 4 phases of development. The 4 phases and timeline for completion of the plan are described below. The purpose of the strategic plan is to provide a detailed map that will serve as a guide over the next 3 years as we work to achieve our mission. Current mission statement.
- December 2013
- Disseminate final draft of the map, town hall meeting feedback notes, and implementation plan to CoEHD, department chairs and post on website.
- Announce the sponsoring leader (Ming Li) and project leaders (Kathy Cummings and Chris Cheatham) for the implementation of the strategic plan.
- Select co-leaders (front line leaders) for the 5 priority implementation teams:
- Clarify/Communicate College's Identity/Contribution
- Recruiting, Enrollment, Retention
- Outcome Assessment/Program Quality
- Alternative Revenue Streams
- January 2014
- Select priority implementation team members and meet with Tim Fallon to review how to write priority implementation plans.
- February 2014
- Complete draft plans for the 5 priorities.
- March 2014
- Co-leads meet to discuss coordination and resources for priority implementation plans.
- Begin implementation of priority plans.
- September 2014
- Periodic review meeting with Tim Fallon.
- March 2015
- Annual review and strategy update session with Tim Fallon.
- Donor luncheon: July 30
- Staff focus group: August 28, 1 p.m., 204 Bernhard Center
- Chairs focus group: September 4, 12 p.m., 2401 Sangren Hall
- Faculty focus groups: September 13, 1 p.m. or 3 p.m., 157 Bernhard Center
- Student focus groups: September 13, 10:30 a.m. or 5 p.m., 157 Bernhard Center
- Retreat for committee members: October 14-15
- Town Hall Meeting: November 8, 9 - 10:30 a.m.
Joshua Tyler Kohnert