Academic Program Review and Planning
Academic Year 2015-16
- Observations and planning recommendations will be posted to SharePoint by mid-September 2015.
- Faculty Senate will be notified of programs slated for restructuring and elimination per the established curricular review process.
- Faculty should review and initiate actions in-line with planning directives with chairs and deans.
- Programs are expected to follow time schedule stated in the planning directive.
- The provost will establish action plans and time table for implementation of comprehensive recommendations.
- A comprehensive review will occur again in AY 2020-21.
In order to meet the Higher Learning Commission's Criteria for Accreditation, and in accordance with the University Strategic Plan, WMU must engage in a process of academic program review that demonstrates WMU's commitment to quality educational programs. This process was initiated in fall 2011 by a subcommittee of deans in conjunction with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness. The subcommittee drafted the APR&P procedures used throughout this process and shared these documents with the Faculty Senate councils for input and feedback.
Intended Outcomes for Phase II: Planning
- A suite of undergraduate and graduate programs that allow graduates of these programs to be productive in society and their careers.
- Provide capacity for future program additions to meet the needs of the next generation of graduates.
- Provide direction for as to how to enhance the current and new programs (continuous quality improvement).
- Provide indications as to where Academic Affairs should reinvest resources to expand and or enhance academic programs.
- Further integrate learning outcomes and the associated assessment to the discussion on program appropriations and quality.
Access to SharePoint
Click here to access the information in SharePoint. Authentication may be required.
Submit Questions and Queries
Dr. Jody Brylinsky
Page updated September 1, 2015