College of Engineering and Applied Sciences Transfer Scholarship
- Any domestic, undergraduate transfer student entering WMU in Fall 2013.
- Student must be transferring in from a Michigan Community College.
- Requires minimum GPA of 3.5 in transferable courses and completion of at least 26 transferable credit hours prior to entry.
- Student must have completed Pre-Calculus or transferable equivalent with a ‘C’ (2.0) or better.
- Admissions application must be completed and credits evaluated by March 15, 2013.
Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis. Top candidates from the pool will be considered for scholarship based on appropriateness of community college courses to preparation for a technical education in the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences at Western Michigan University. Financial need based on the submission of FAFSA may also be considered. FAFSA forms should be submitted prior to March 1. Students who are awarded more than one scholarship from the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences will receive the scholarship of the highest value.
- Up to eight (8) scholarship recipients will be selected.
- Each scholarship recipient will receive $6,000 ($3,000/year), awarded four semesters (fall/spring) or until graduation, whichever comes first; subject to maintenance criteria.
- Scholarship recipients are required to maintain a 3.0 grade point at WMU.
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled full time (12 credit hours/semester).
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a major in CEAS.
Admissions application must be completed and credits evaluated by March 15, 2013