The environmental and sustainability studies curriculum at Western Michigan University:
- Fosters environmental awareness and scientific literacy for the general student.
- Offers careful interdisciplinary training of majors and minors to understand environmental complexity and health, enabling them to be creative and able problem solvers.
Environmental and sustainability studies majors must:
- Be enrolled in a second major curriculum of their choice, which can include any other major in any department or college at Western Michigan University.
- Complete a minimum of 32 credit hours of ENVS courses.
- Meet the appropriate prerequisites before enrolling in each course.
- Receive a grade of “C” or better in all classes counted toward the major unless otherwise noted.