Western Michigan University makes online computer training available free for currently employed* faculty and staff through lynda.com. Lynda.com offers over 1,270 courses in more than 150 topics and is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week so faculty and staff can learn at their own pace whenever schedules permit. Access is limited to 100 active users during a four month period on a first-come, first-served basis until all seats are filled. At the end of June, October and February, all active accounts will be archived with registration beginning anew in July, November and March for each four month period.
Note: Due to the limited number of licenses, only work-related training access should be requested.
* This service is not available to emeriti or retirees.
- Login to gowmu.wmich.edu using your Bronco NetID and password.
- In the My Self Service portlet, select Online Computer Training and follow the instructions to request an account. You will receive an email with your account information once the account has been created.
- When you have received your account information, go to lynda.com and login.
- When you have completed a course, you may print a certificate.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.