Authorized user access

Students may choose to give their parents, spouses or another third party access to their billing and financial aid information. Parents must be authorized users in order to gain access to student information. For more information, visit the Registrar's website, and ask your student to make you an authorized user today.

Call Bronco Express, 269 387-6000, if you have additional questions.



After applying for financial aid, many students want to know: Where's my money? The all-important answer depends a lot on your student. Financial aid is scheduled to pay toward your student's account approximately 10 days before the semester begins. Aid will be disbursed only if your student has completed all of their requirements.

Not sure where your student stands? Students can find out by checking GoWMU and clicking on Financial Aid. (If you are an authorized user on your student's account, you can do this, too.) There you will see a link for Requirements. This will tell you if you have additional documents to turn in, or whether you have to complete a promissory note or loan entrance counseling.

Students can keep track of their financial aid status using our handy checklist . If you still have questions, call the help line at Bronco Express, 269 387-6000.


An overpayment or excess financial aid paid to your student's account will be refunded to the student. This refund may come in the form of a check made payable to the student. The refund will be payable to you (the parent) if it was created from a PLUS (Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students) payment and the parent borrower requested the refund.

Refunds can either be directly deposited to your student's personal account or they may be mailed. If your student has elected to have direct deposit, the refund will be deposited into their checking or savings account. After they are signed up for direct deposit, please allow 3-5 business days for a refund to be deposited. If your student does not have direct deposit, the refund will be mailed to their local address.

Personal payment options

Tuition, fees, residence hall charges, university apartment rent, health center charges, library fines and other university-related charges on the student account can be paid by cash, check, credit card or electronic checking or savings. WMU accepts payments by electronic checking or savings on the web. Credit and debit card payments (American Express, MasterCard or Discover) can be made only online and are subject to a convenience fee of 2.75 percent or $3, whichever is larger. No Visa cards accepted.  Students can log in to GoWMU and select the Payment and Account Information channel. Authorized users may make payments using the Payment and Account Information site, .  Payments by mail can be made by check. Payments can be made in person at Bronco Express with cash or check. No credit or debit card payments are accepted by mail or in person.  There is complete information about the University's payment plan  and payment options on the Accounts Receivable website.  Parking violation payments can be made online or in person at parking services.


For questions about your student's account, please contact Bronco Express at (269) 387-6000. Authorized users can see current account information any time at  To learn more about becoming an authorized user, visit the Registrar's website .


Visit related WMU sites

There is a lot more to see! Visit some of our friends at WMU to learn about academics, campus life and how you can be successful.

Student Financial Aid
1903 W Michigan Ave
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5337 USA
269 387-6000