The Center for Fostering Success at Western Michigan University's outreach and training unit works to resource, network and support partners in education, housing, health and child welfare who insulate the education to career pipeline for students from foster care ages 12 to 25.
Programs and activities in the outreach and training unit aim to:
- Add the voice of students from foster care to develop and inform progressive policies.
- Build a statewide network of partners in the education to career pipeline for students from foster care.
- Create shared measurement among partners as an effort to increase data-driven programming.
- Develop education and training tools to inform and support the practice of partners in the pipeline.
The outreach and training unit offers two primary services, which are:
- Fostering Success Coach Training.
- Fostering Success Michigan, a statewide initiative.