To be eligible for the Seita Scholars Program, including the tuition scholarship, applicants must
- Qualify for the Educational Training Voucher (see for example, Michigan's ETV program) or Refugee Education Voucher in their states.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Be admitted to WMU as a first-time freshman or transfer student.
- Before you graduate from high school register for Michigan's Tuition Incentive Program. If you don't register for TIP before you graduate, you will lose out on the TIP opportunity.
- Before March 1:
- Complete and submit your WMU application.
- Complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Complete and submit your Seita Scholars Program and Scholarship Application.
- Once you are notified that you have received the Seita Scholarship:
- Sign up for WMU Orientation (where you register for classes).
- Register for Summer Early Transition Week.
- Plan to attend WMU Fall Welcome Week.
All selected applicants are required to attend Summer Early Transition Week. Dates for summer 2015 are July 12-16. Housing and food will be provided on WMU’s campus.
Seita Scholars Program
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5302 USA
Phone: (269) 387-8362
Fax: (269) 387-8360
1111 Faunce Student Services Building, Mail Stop 5302