A prerequisite for your success!
To succeed in college you need to be familiar with and understand how to use the resources available outside of the classroom. Spring Orientation is a half-day orientation for new transfer and first-year students starting in the spring semester. The program is designed to make the transition for admitted students to WMU a simple one. You will have the opportunity to get your WMU Student ID, attend presentations from Residence Life, Financial Aid, Student Activities and Leadership Programs, and Career and Student Employment Services and more!
Prior to attending Spring Orientation, you are encouraged to arrange a meeting with your academic advisor to select courses and register for classes. You can find the contact information in your admission letter or below:
- College of Arts and Sciences - 2318 Friedmann Hall (269) 387-4366
- College of Aviation - 2210 Kohrman Hall (269) 387-0347
- College of Education and Human Development - 2421 Sangren Hall (269) 387-3474
- College of Engineering and Applied Sciences - E102 Parkview (269) 387-3270
- College of Fine Art
- Art - 2104 Richmond Center for Visual Arts (269) 387-2440
- Music - 2132 Dalton Center (269) 387-4672
- Theatre and Dance - 1103 Gilmore Theatre Complex (269) 387-3210
- College of Health and Human Services - 2125 Health and Human Service Bldg. (269) 387-2656
- Extended University Programs - 3221 Ellsworth Hall (269) 387-4156
- Exploratory Advising - 1275 Ellsworth Hall (269) 387-4410
- Haworth College of Business - 2130 Schneider Hall (269) 387-5075
- Lee Honors College - (269) 387-3230
Learn more about Spring Orientation
After you submit your on-line registration form, you will receive an immediate confirmation page, including the parking pass. In addition, a confirmation email will be sent to your WMU email account.
- Spring Orientation is for admitted new transfer and first-year students who will be attending WMU this spring. If you have not been admitted to WMU, please contact the Office of Admissions at 269-387-2000. The date of Spring Orientation is Friday, December 12, 2014.
- Registration Instructions
- Overview and costs
- Program agenda
- Session descriptions
- Get directions
- Admitted student checklist - designed to help you finalize your college plans
- Check-in will take place from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. on the second floor of the Bernhard Center