Prospective Seita Scholars
Fall 2012 marks the 5th year of the Seita Scholars Program. Every year, more and more foster youth apply, and space in the program is limited.
- Fall 2008, 51 new Seita scholars
- Fall 2009, 47 new Seita scholars
- Fall 2010, 54 new Seita scholars
- Fall 2011, 55 new Seita scholars
- Fall 2012, 44 new Seita scholars
Picture yourself a Seita scholar.
Are you ready to be a Seita scholar at WMU?
- Do you meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the program?
- Do you want to belong to one of the nation's largest communities of foster youth in college?
- Are you open to support offered by older Seita scholars, Seita coaches and other fabulous supports on WMU's campus?
- Are you willing to "pay it forward" and share your knowledge about foster care to strengthen the Seita Scholars Program and to educate others on campus and in the community about the challenges faced by foster youth? (Know that some Seita scholars share their knowledge privately, while others dare or love to be in the spotlight and share publicly. It's your choice.)
- Do you have the personal desire and discipline to be a successful college student and pursue your career dreams?
If you answered yes to the above questions, then we want you to apply to become part of the next class of Seita scholars at WMU!