Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5241 USA
- Ph.D., Geophysics, University of Arizona, 1972
- M.S., Geology, University of Arizona, 1968
- B.A., Mathematics and Physics, St. Olaf College, 1963
- Ground penetrating radar
- Gravity, magnetic, electrical resistivity
- Electromagnetic methods to near-surface problems in glacial geology
Dr. Bill Sauck is associate professor of geophysics in the Department of Geosciences at Western Michigan University. He primarily focuses his research in ground penetrating radar application, electric resistivity and induced polarization, hydrogeology, mineral exploration and archeology.
Sauck spent six years in Brazil working in mineral exploration, groundwater problems and geophysical applications to archaeology in the Amazon region. His work led to the development of the conductive model for Light Non-Aqueous Phase Liquids spills. He has hosted a number of visiting scientists and graduate students from Egypt, traveling six times for groundwater exploration in the western Sinai and Eastern Desert. He has completed archaeological geophysics in Texas, American Samoa, Yucatan and Michigan.
- Mohamed, L., Sultan, M., Ahmed, M., Zaki, A., Sauck, W., Soliman, F., Yan, E., Elkadiri, R. and Abdou Abouelmagd, 2015, Structural Controls on Groundwater Flow in Basement Terrains: Geophysical, Remote Sensing, and Field Investigations in Sinai, Surveys in Geophysics, DOI:10.1007/s10712-015-9331-5.
- Dailey, D., Sauck, W., Sultan, M., Milewski, A., Ahmed, M., Laton, R., Elkadiri, R., Foster, J., Schmidt, C., Alharbi, T., 2014, Geophysical, remote sensing, GIS, and isotopic applications for a better understanding of the structural controls on groundwater flow in the Mojave Desert, California: Journal of Hydrology: Regional Studies, doi.org/10.1016/j.ejrh.2014.12.002.
- Pearl, F. B., and W. A. Sauck, 2014, Geophysical and geoarchaeological investigations at Aganoa Beach, American Samoa: an early archaeological site in Western Polynesia, Geoarchaeology; doi 10.1002/gea.21491.
- Ahmed, M., Sauck, W., Sultan, M., Yan, E., Soliman, F., Rashed, M., 2013, Geophysical constraints on the hydrogeologic and structural settings of the Gulf of Suez Rift–related basins: case study from the El Qaa Plain, Sinai, Egypt: Surveys in Geophysics, v. 35, pp. 415–430.