The Michigan Geological Survey store at Western Michigan University houses an extensive collection of Michigan geological maps and documents. The maps and documents can be ordered online. The MGS Geoplatform application can be used to search locations and visualize the extent and availability of the geological maps. The store also houses the geological and remote sensing data available for Michigan which can be viewed using Comprehensive GIS website of Michigan Geological Survey .
Most of the surficial geologic maps are available for the southern part of the Lower Peninsula while county scale bedrock geologic and bedrock topographic maps are available for the northern part of lower peninsula. There are limited mappings available for the upper peninsula of Michigan.
The store provides the following products:
- Surficial geologic map for 7.5 minutes USGS quadrangles
- Surficial geologic maps of counties, Lower and Upper Peninsula of Michigan
- Maps showing bedrock geology and topography of counties
- Hydrogeological Atlas of Michigan and historical documents of the survey
- Ready to used USGS Topo useful for geological mapping
- Data from Comprehensive GIS website of Michigan Geological Survey
The surficial geological maps of southwest Albion and southeast Albion will be available in November.