Outlook 2007 is an email application that supports IMAP. It may be set up to access your Webmail Plus account, however, to fully utilize the collaborative features of Webmail Plus, you should use the Webmail Plus interface. Updates to Outlook 2007, or Webmail Plus, could cause functionality problems which may, or may not, be resolved quickly.
- Start Outlook 2007.
- Pull down the Tools menu and select Account Settings.
- Click the New button.
- Check the Manually configure server settings or additional server types button and click Next.
- Choose Internet email and click Next.
- Enter your first and last names and your wmich.edu email address.
Choose IMAP for Account Type.
Enter imap.wmich.edu for Incoming mail server.
Enter your Bronco NetID for User Name.
Enter your Bronco NetID password for Password.
Assure the box that says Require logon using Secure Password Authentication is unchecked.
Click More settings...
- Click the Outgoing server tab.
- Check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box and then click the Advanced tab.
- Select SSL from the drop-down menu for Incoming server (IMAP) and TLS for Outgoing server (SMTP).
Enter 993 for Incoming server.
Enter 587 for Outgoing server.
Click OK to close the window.
- Click Finish to complete your email setup.