Outlook 2010 and 2013 are email applications that support IMAP. They may be set up to access Webmail Plus however, to full utilize the collaborative features of Webmail Plus, you should use the Webmail Plus Web interface. Updates to Outlook, or Webmail Plus, could cause functionality problems which may or may not be resolved quickly.
- Start Outlook.
- Select the File tab from the top menu.
- Select Account Settings, Add and remove accounts....
- Click the New button.
- Enter your information, check the Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and click Next.
- Choose Internet email and click Next.
- Enter your first and last names and your wmich.edu email address.
Choose IMAP for Account Type.
Enter imap.wmich.edu for Incoming mail server.
Enter your Bronco NetID for User Name.
Enter your Bronco NetID password for Password.
Assure that the box that says Require logon using Secure Password Authentication is unchecked.
Click More settings.
- Click the Outgoing server tab.
- Check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box and then click the Advanced tab.
- Select SSL from the drop-down menu for Incoming server (IMAP) and TLS for Outgoing server (SMTP).
Enter 993 for Incoming server.
Enter 587 for Outgoing server.
- Click Finish to complete your email setup.