WMU purchased a restricted domain license for the Zimbra Notifier add-on program. This program is used with Webmail Plus and is available for Windows OS only. It:
- Handles mailto links by opening Webmail Plus when you click on a mailto link.
- Configures Webmail Plus as your default email client.
- Opens Webmail Plus by double-clicking the application tray icon.
- Notifies about new email and upcoming calendar appointments*
*This feature does not work consistently on all computers. The problem is being worked on.
Note: if you already have Zimbra Notifier running on your computer and are upgrading to a newer version, you must first exit the running version and then download and install the new version. To exit the current version, right-click the red Zimbra icon in the lower right of your screen and then click Exit.
Download and install Zimbra Notifier
- Login to GoWMU using your Bronco NetID and password.
- In the Software Downloads channel, select Webmail Plus Notifier software.
- Click the obtain Zimbra Notifier link. By doing so you are acknowledging that you are legally required to discontinue use of the program if or when you leave WMU.
- Select Download.
- Once the file has downloaded, locate and double-click it. It will generally be found either on your desktop or in your downloads folder.
- Click OK if you get an Open Executable File? box, and Run if you get an Unknown Publisher error.
- When the configuration window opens, enter:
User: enter your Bronco NetID
Password: enter your Bronco NetID password
Check Save Password
- When it has finished installing, you will see the red Zimbra Notifier icon in your bottom right task bar.
- You may double-click the icon to open Webmail Plus at any time.
- If you click a mailto link in a Web page and you receive a Launch Application error, click Choose.
- Browse to the Zimbra Notifier folder and select ZimbraNotifier.
- Zimbra Notifier will now be displayed in the Launch Application window. Highlight it and check Remember my choice for mailto links and click OK.
- Webmail Plus will now launch whenever a mailto link is clicked.