For campus Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 computers only. If you need help deciding which version to use, please read the Symantec Campus versus Off-Campus guidelines.
On-campus computers are automatically scanned once per week, on Friday at 12:01am*. If you would like to change the scan time to 6 P.M. on Tuesday or noon on Wednesday, please contact the Help Desk.
*If you have a previous install of the campus Symantec Endpoint your scan time will be preserved.
Please read these instructions before you attempt to install the software. Remove any third-party anti-virus software you may have installed before beginning this installation. If you are currently using Symantec Endpoint, please leave the old version installed. This install should be scheduled during Help Desk hours in case you need assistance.
- RAM: 512 MB minimum, 1 GB recommended
- Hard drive: 400MB
- In the Software Downloads channel in GoWMU select Symantec Endpoint Protection and choose Download Symantec Endpoint Protection for Windows Campus Computers.
- Click the appropriate download link for your 32-bit or 64-bit OS.
- Click Save if prompted.
- When Endpoint has finished downloading, right-click the .exe file you just downloaded and select Run as administrator* from the menu. Select Yes if you receive a warning “allow the following program to make changes”.
- Multiple progress bars will be shown as the program installs and there will be a delay between them. Please wait and do not cancel the installation.
- Once the progress bars have completed, you may see Windows notifications that Symantec is not running. Please continue to wait for the LiveUpdate application to start.
- The LiveUpdate Application will start and begin to update the anti-virus definitions. Once LiveUpdate has finished, click the Close button and restart your computer.
- See the using anti-virus software page for instructions on running virus scans.