Even though Macintosh computers are less likely to be compromised, keeping your Macintosh computer updated makes it less vulnerable by fixing known security holes.
- Open Software Update by clicking on the System Preferences icon in the dock.
- Select Software Update.
- Click the Update Now button.
- Software update will connect to the Apple website. If newer versions than what you have installed are found, it displays a list of updated items. Check the items you wish to install and click the Install button.
- If some of the components require you to accept a license agreement, read it over and then click Accept.
- Some components may require you to restart your computer. If so, save your work and close any open programs before clicking the Restart button.
- If no new components are found, you will be so informed and may exit software update.
If you have any questions, please call the Help Desk at (269) 387-4357, option 1.