NVU (n-view) is a complete Web authoring system for Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. It offers both a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) and a code view. It is a free alternative to Dreamweaver for faculty, staff and students to use on personal homepages. This document is offered as a courtesy - the supported and recommended product for official Web development at WMU is Dreamweaver. Anyone who chooses to download and use NVU, assumes full responsibility for its use.
- Download NVU (select the appropriate link for your operating system, Windows or Mac)
After you've downloaded and installed the appropriate version for your system (instructions shown are for Windows computers):
- Open NVU, and click Edit sites.
- Click New site and then fill in:
- Site name: use the name of the folder on your hard drive where your Web files will reside
- Http address: http://homepages.wmich.edu/~your_Bronco_NetID
- Publishing address: ftp://homepages.wmich.edu/
- User name: your Bronco NetID
- Password: your Bronco NetID password
- Make sure the Save Password box is checked
- Click OK