NVU (n-view) is a complete Web authoring system for Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. It offers both a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) and a code view. It is a free alternative to Dreamweaver for faculty, staff and students to use on personal homepages. This document is offered as a courtesy - the supported and recommended product for official Web development at WMU is Dreamweaver. Anyone who chooses to download and use NVU, assumes full responsibility for its use.
- Download NVU (select the appropriate link, Windows, Apple, or Linux for your operating system)
After you've downloaded and installed the appropriate version for your system (instructions shown are for Windows computers):
- Open NVU, and click Edit sites.
- Click New site and then fill in:
- Site name: use the name of the folder on your hard drive where your Web files will reside
- Http address: http://homepages.wmich.edu/~your_Bronco_NetID
- Publishing address: ftp://homepages.wmich.edu/
- User name: your Bronco NetID
- Password: your Bronco NetID password
- Make sure the Save Password box is checked
- Click OK