Consistent with Western Michigan University's mission of a student-centered research institution, the College of Health and Human Services is committed to educating exemplary professionals in health care, rehabilitation and social services, and to conducting research, disseminating knowledge and developing mutually enriching community partnerships.
The college supports and develops innovative methods of education and of evidence-based professional practice in a manner that is interdisciplinary, holistic and respectful of human diversity.
To be the recognized leader in health and human services undergraduate and graduate professional education, interdisciplinary and best practices research, and responsive community service.
In achieving its vision and mission, the College of Health and Human Services values:
- Service that improves quality of life
- Compassion and cooperation as integral to professional competence
- Interdisciplinary, holistic, and collaborative education, research and service
- Multidimensional scholarship and lifelong learning
- Environments that are healthful, intellectually stimulating, supportive and respectful of differences
- Partnerships with the community