The mission of the Lee Honors College at Western Michigan University is to provide a lively, rigorous undergraduate experience for academically talented and highly motivated students. We will do this by focusing on the quality of each student’s undergraduate experience. The signature organizing principle for the honors college is the creation of The Distinctive Student. Our mission is to help students become "distinctive" in a way of their own choosing. This principle shapes what we do in the honors college. Students are our most important partners in this endeavor. We believe that becoming a "distinctive student" will provide students with a realistic opportunity to:
- Get the job they desire in their chosen field, location, and organization
- Get into the professional or graduate school they wish to enter
- Get into the desired theatre, music, dance company or art institute
- Position themselves for a successful career and life
The Lee Honors College will be the most admired honors program in Michigan and one of the most admired in the Midwest.The group of four-year colleges and universities that comprise the Mideast Honors Association is considered our peer group.
- A passion for learning and ideas
- Critical thinking and systems orientation
- Learned inquiry and aesthetic sensibility
- Social responsibility
The complete Lee Honors College strategic plan (updated February 2010) is available for review. Should you have questions, please contact Dr. Nicholas Andreadis, dean, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 387-3230.