Required graduation steps for students
Students who are planning on graduating from the Lee Honors College should:
- Have completed all requirements as outlined in their original acceptance letter
- Submit/complete the following by the posted deadlines:
- Thesis declaration form
- Thesis defense certificate request form. Thesis must be defended prior to your graduation.
- Senior audit with your assigned advisor
- RSVP survey that will be emailed to your wmich.edu account within one month of graduation. To be listed in the program you will need to complete your RSVP at least one week prior to the ceremony.
- Final approved honors thesis submission no later than 30 days after graduation
The Lee Honors College Graduation Ceremony is a celebratory event held on the Friday prior to Western Michigan University’s fall and spring commencements. Summer graduates may participate in the spring honors college ceremony. Business attire is appropriate; regalia should not be worn to the honors college ceremony. During the ceremony you will receive your honors college cords and graduation certificate. The cording ceremony is a special part of the Lee Honors College graduation, during which you may recognize someone who has significantly contributed to your success at WMU by asking them to be your corder. Your corder comes forward during the ceremony to place honor cords on you. The honors college graduation generally begins with a 5 p.m. reception, followed at 6 p.m. by the formal ceremony.
Ceremony information for families and friends
We hope you will be able to join us in celebrating your graduate’s success. Important parking information and directions to the ceremony will be provided to your graduate after they RSVP. If you have any questions that were not answered in the RSVP, please contact our graduation coordinator, Anthony Helms at email@example.com or (269) 387-3230. We look forward to seeing you there!