We recommend students complete the online sign-up process versus mailing in a printed contract. Please review the 2014-15 contract for information. You will be notified by email (to your Western Michigan University student email account) of your room assignment and roommate information. You may view your contract and assignment status at any time. You will automatically receive an email notification when assignment information is released or changed.
New students and students currently living off campus.
- Spring 2015: Sign up at any time. Print and complete the housing contract and return it to Residence Life. Housing assignments will be sent to your WMU email in December.
- Fall 2015: Sign up begins at noon Feb. 3, 2015. View the application process guide for step-by-step directions.
Students returning to the residence halls for fall 2015 should complete the online housing contract on the following dates.
- Same room sign-up begins at noon Jan. 26, 2015.
- New room in same hall sign-up begins at noon Feb. 2, 2015.
- Single room lottery registration for Center and South neighborhoods is Jan. 20 through Feb. 4, 2015. Lottery notification will be via email Feb. 4 with room recipients sign up beginning 10 a.m. Feb. 9.
- Different hall sign up begins at 10 a.m. Feb. 9, 2015.
A limited number of Western Heights double rooms are reserved for students currently living on campus. Sign up as an individual and be paired with another returning student, or sign up with a roommate request. The requested roommate must be a current on campus resident, have entered the Western Heights lottery, and have also requested you. Interested students will enter a lottery for a double room Jan. 20 through Feb. 4, 2015. Lottery notification will be via email Feb. 6, and room recipients will begin signing up at 10 a.m. Feb. 9, 2015.
Western Heights is primarily a freshman-focused residence hall opening fall 2015 in the Center residential neighborhood. Three sections of the complex are dedicated for returning students only. Western Heights rooms are an additional cost.
Please be aware that you are entering into a legally binding contract with the University. Upon signing this contract, you (and your parent(s) or guardian if you are under the legal age of 18) become responsible for all the terms and financial obligations of your contract until the end of the spring semester. Please contact the Residence Life office at (269) 387-4735 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Students requesting disability related accommodations should contact:
Disability Services for Students
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5326
Phone: (269) 387-2116
TTY: (269) 387-2120
Fax: (269) 387-0633
Students wishing to cancel a housing contract must do so in writing or at the Residence Life office. A cancellation fee may apply depending on when you cancel your contract and whether or not you are still attending WMU.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (269) 387-4735. We’ll be happy to go over your housing options with you, or to recommend a hall that fits best with your interests.