ANOTHER HEALTH PLAN CHOICE ADDED FOR 2017: BCBSM HEALTHY BLUE LIVING HMO
- Please review the Announcement Letter from President Dunn.
- Two health plans will be offered beginning January 2017 for some of the employee groups currently eligible for the BCBSM PPO health plan coverage that includes medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage.
- Eligible Employee Groups:
- Dining Services, Facilities Management and Other (AFSCME)
- Power Plant (MSEA)
- Police Officers (POA)
- Research Staff (R1 and R2)
- Senior Administrative Officers
- Staff Compensation System: Non-bargaining Exempt and Non-bargaining Nonexempt
- Employees eligible under PPACA guidelines
- Employees will remain on the BCBSM Community Blue PPO plan unless they elect the new HMO plan.
- Eligible employees may elect the new HMO plan during Open Enrollment (Oct. 24 through Nov. 11, 2016) with coverage to begin on Jan. 1, 2017.
- Healthy Blue Living HMO will have a lower payroll deduction amount. View your contributions.
- The same dental and vision plans will be included with the new Healthy Blue Living HMO medical and prescription drug plan.
- Communications about the new health plan are available with Open Enrollment materials in October 2016.
What is the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Healthy Blue Living HMO plan?
- Healthy Blue Living is a wellness-focused Health Maintenance Organization product that rewards employees for making better health choices.
- It offers incentives–such as lower out-of-pocket costs–to individuals for working toward healthy goals. It is well suited to employees who are healthy or ready to commit to working toward certain health targets.
- Employees who elect the Healthy Blue Living HMO plan will also have the option of participating in Western Wellness.
- It works best for individuals who embrace the HMO experience by selecting a primary care physician who will coordinate health care, including referrals to specialists. All providers must be inside the state of Michigan except for emergencies.
- Employees electing the plan will complete an online health assessment.
- To keep out-of-pocket costs as low as possible, employees on the plan must complete certain tasks within the first 90 and 120 days of the calendar year.
- Healthy Blue Living HMO Benefits-at-a-Glance
Health Plan Choice Employee Meeting Schedule
View the employee meeting schedule to attend a meeting and learn about the new health plan.
Employee Meeting Live Video Stream and Recording
If you are unable to make it to a meeting, you can view the live video stream of the meeting held on Thursday, Sept. 22 at 10 a.m.
After clicking on the link, log in. A recording of this video and other plan information will also be available for viewing beginning Sept. 23 and throughout open enrollment.
How do I find the Blue Care Network providers for the Healthy Blue Living HMO?
- Go to bcbsm.com, but do not login with your user name and password.
- Click on Find a Doctor, then click on Get Started. Under choose a health plan, select Employer Group Plans, and then choose Blue Care Network (HMO).
- Enter your city and two-letter state abbreviation; enter provider name, category or specialty.
- Western Michigan University 2017 Open Enrollment
- Western Michigan University Health Plan Choice Overview
The Healthy Blue Living HMO plan offers programs and resources to help employees meet their health and wellness goals. Detailed information can be found below:
- Blue Care Network Health Care Coverage Travels
- Blue Care Network Healthy Blue Living HMO Overview
- Blue Care Network Healthy Blue Living Qualification form
- Blue Care Network Preventive Care Recommendations
- Blue Care Network's Woman's Choice Program
- Blue Cross Health and Wellness
- How to Choose a Primary Care Physician guide
- How to Register for BCBSM.com guide