Human Resources offers weekly orientation sessions for all new Western Michigan University employees, both regular and temporary. Orientation programs are offered each Monday and include important information about working at WMU. If the University is closed on Monday that week’s orientation will be held on Tuesday. New employees and their supervisors will receive an invitation from Human Resources via email.
- If you wish to register a vehicle and obtain a parking permit please report to Parking Services before the orientation session, between 7:30 and 8 a.m. You will need to bring your valid driver’s license and current vehicle registration.
- Then, please report to the Monday morning orientation session at the Bernhard Center instead of reporting to your department.
- Orientation sessions begin promptly at 8:30 a.m. and last until early afternoon. A morning beverage and lunch will be provided. After the orientation session, you will report to your department, unless your supervisor has informed you otherwise.
- While at orientation, you will complete your Form I-9. To do so, please bring your original, unexpired work authorization documents. For details about the Form I-9 process and a list of acceptable documents, please see Form I-9.
- To enroll in direct deposit, please bring information about your savings account (correct transit routing and account number) and checking account (check with “void: printed across the front.)
- Employees eligible for benefits will complete the benefits enrollment process. To do so, please bring copies of required benefits enrollment documents (e.g. marriage license for spouse, birth certificates for children, etc.)
- Remember that the first work day for all employees should be on a Monday.
- Please be sure that your new employees attend new employee orientation on their first day of work.
- Unless you inform them otherwise, your new employees will be asked to report to their department once the orientation session concludes.
Please contact Human Resources with any questions.