Phoebe Wienke Endowed Scholarship
B.S. in Physical Education
- The scholarship shall be awarded to a full-time sophomore, junior or senior undergraduate student majoring in a teacher education program offered in the HPHE Department;
- It is the donor’s intent that the scholarship be given to a teacher education major who demonstrates a personal commitment to sports; if no such person applies, a teacher education major alone would be eligible;
- It is the donor’s hope that the award be made to a student who, in the estimation of the department faculty, walks to the beat of a different drummer;
- The scholarship will be awarded to a graduate of Niles High School (Niles, Michigan) or a graduate of a high school located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula;
- Minimum of a 2.8 cumulative GPA.
To be determined by HPHE Department.
Decisions on the award are made during the Spring semester. One-half of the award funds are disbursed to the student’s account during the following Fall semester and one-half are disbursed during the following Spring semester. The student must have full-time status and a minimum 2.8 cumulative GPA during these semesters for the award funds to be disbursed.