Computer Information Systems
This major focuses on design, development, management and use of computer-based information systems.A CIS major does the following:
- Provide technical assistance to computer system users.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate information systems, systems analysis, electronic data processing, and computer system development.
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Recommend systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Implement, test, administer and coordinate changes to enterprise databases, e.g., Oracle, DB2, SQL Server 2005.
Major and Minor Slips
Courses: CIS major / CIS Minor