Diether H. Haenicke Scholarship
The Diether H. Haenicke Scholarship is a merit-based award available to Western Michigan University international students who meet the selection criteria. The International Admissions and Services office will automatically consider all entering freshmen and transferring students for this scholarship; no additional application is required. To be considered, application to Western Michigan University must be received by April 1. Diether H. Haenicke Scholarship flyer.
- $4,000 to $16,000 per year
- Paid in equal amounts fall and spring semesters
- Pays non-resident tuition only; not ATIS (online) or EUP
- Enroll fall term immediately after secondary school or transfer from another university
Criteria for selection include:
- Undergraduate degree-seeking student, entering WMU for fall semester for the first time.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 and above on a 4.0 scale
- Must be admissible to WMU
The Diether H. Haenicke Scholarship can be awarded up to a total of eight consecutive semesters, or until graduation requirements are met, whichever occurs first.
Criteria for renewal include:
- Maintain a cumulative WMU GPA of 2.5
- Continue to enroll at WMU as a full-time student (12 credits each semester)
- Successfully complete a minimum of 24 credit hours each academic year
- Remain a non-Michigan resident
First-time students who are eligible for more than one scholarship will be awarded the one of highest value. For more information contact Juan Tavares via email at email@example.com, or phone: (269) 387-5866.