President’s Incentive Scholarships for Graduate Students
The Western Michigan University President’s Incentive Scholarships are awards available to new international graduate students from Spain and Mexico who meet the selection criteria. To be considered the application must be received by April 1 each year.
- $4,000 per year paid in equal amounts fall and spring semesters
- Pays non-resident tuition only; not ATIS (online) or EUP
- Renewable every year
Criteria for selection
- Graduate degree-seeking student, entering WMU in the fall semester
- Must be admitted to a WMU graduate program
- Priority will be given to students from partner institutions in Spain and Mexico
- At least one scholarship will be awarded to a student entering the M.A. or Ph.D. program in Spanish
The President’s Incentive Scholarships can be awarded up to a total of four semesters (fall and spring) in the case of students entering a WMU master’s program and eight semesters (fall and spring) in the case of students entering a Ph.D. program.
Criteria for renewal
- Maintain a cumulative WMU graduate GPA of 3.0
- Continue to enroll at WMU as a full-time student (minimum of 6 credits per semester).
- Successfully complete a minimum of 12 graduate credit hours per academic year
- Remain a non-Michigan resident
For more information, contact Juan Tavares, director of international admissions and services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 387-5879.