Located on the main campus, WMU's Sindecuse Health Center offers convenient, cost-saving services with an experienced, multidisciplinary staff dedicated to maintaining and improving patient health. Many insurance plans are accepted. Services include:
- Evaluation and treatment for a variety of illnesses and injuries
- Preventive health check-ups
- Periodic health monitoring, as well as
- Health education opportunities that enhance individual and community health
For information and appointments call (269) 387-3287.
Short-term individual, couples and group counseling is available for a diverse student population. Counselors help students identify challenges and make changes to manage the emotional and social difficulties that might complicate college life including:
- Relationship or family conflicts
- Stress and anxiety
- Grief or loss
- Social and peer pressure
- Sexual identity questions
- Trauma and post-traumatic stress
- Adjusting to college life
- Feeling down or depressed
- Body image or eating disorders
Patient's rights to privacy will be respected; patients are asked to sign a consent form before any information is released to a third party.
There's no need to call ahead to make an appointment. Registered students who would like to receive counseling services may drop in at the Sindecuse Health Center on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. or Thursday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Check in at the welcome desk on the main level to register, then go to Counseling Services on the second floor for a short intake meeting with a counselor.
The University Student Recreation Center promotes healthy life-style choices, team building, leadership skills, and opportunities for positive social interaction. Outstanding fitness options include:
- Open recreation
- Intramural sports
- Fitness programs