Notice to Prospective F-1 Students

If you arrive at Western Michigan University and immediately seek to apply for transfer-out to another university, please be advised this may cause severe complications for you, including SEVIS termination or the need to leave the United States immediately.

See the United States Department of Homeland Security website, section 2.4

Therefore, WMU recommends that you enter the U.S. on the immigration form I-20 and visa for the university you wish to attend.

If you request immediate transfer-out upon arrival to WMU, please be advised that due to the heavy volume of reporting at the beginning of each semester it will generally require up to ten business days from the start date of the WMU semester to process SEVIS transfer-out requests.  In order for a transfer-out application to be processed, you must submit a complete application with all supporting documentation at the same time to WMU Immigration Services.

For the WMU Transfer-out SEVIS Record Request form and instructions, please visit the Immigrations Services website