- Your Western Michigan University account is a "Bronco NetID."
- Your email will be delivered to the Webmail Plus server, webmail.wmich.edu.
- You may access your email either by going directly to webmail.wmich.edu or by clicking the "Webmail +" icon within the GoWMU portal.
- Alumni email will expire after six months of inactivity.
- For more information regarding email at WMU, please see the email self-help documents.
Your email address
- Your email address is generated at the time your account is created.
- It is in the format of firstname.middleinitial.lastname at wmich.edu, as provided by University records.
- This is your official WMU email address and it will be used your entire time at WMU for all University communications.
- Non-wmich.edu addresses for WMU correspondence should not be used since others may have marked wmich.edu messages as spam and their ISP may be blocking emails sent by WMU and important correspondence may not be received.
- Please see WMU's email address policy for more information.
Spam and abuse email