New rules beginning summer 2014
The lab printing system is available in most student labs on campus. Printing is tracked in these labs using a token value system with students provided a fresh token quota each semester*, based on their student status. See labs using the printing system.
* Summer I and summer II are combined and count as one semester.
Student quotas per semester
- Undergraduates: 500 tokens
- Graduate/Ph.D.: 750 tokens
- Black and white, any size: 1 token
- Color, any size: 10 tokens
One token costs three (3) cents.
Student accounts are billed at the end of each semester, if they printed over their available token quota. The current cost of a token is three cents, e.g. if a student has a token balance of -600, their student account will be billed $18.00 at the end of the semester.
Checking quota and print history
Printing quota and history may be checked by clicking the My Lab Printing Account link in the My Self-Service channel in GoWMU. It may also be checked in a computer lab by opening the lab printing balance window.
Requesting refunds for misprints
In order to request a refund for a printing error or misprint, you must do the following:
- Visit the My Lab Printing Account link in GoWMU.
- Click Recent Print Jobs.
- Find the print job that matches the misprinted document and click the request refund link in the status column for that job.
- Complete the Refund Request form completely, including a descriptive reason for the request and click Send.
- Deliver the misprinted document to the lab attendant desk where you printed the document, with your name, date, and time written on the top page.
When your refund has been accepted, you will receive an email from bronco-print at wmich.edu.