Aquatics at Gabel Natatorium
EVENTS CANCELLED—5:30-7:30 p.m. evening lap swim is no longer being offered. Evening lap swim will resume when Gabel Natatorium reopens. Our reopening date has not yet been determined.
NEW WMU LAP SWIM SCHEDULE—until further notice (while the pool is being worked on due to mechanical failure).
- 6:30-7:45 a.m. Monday through Friday at Kalamazoo College—occasion, we will need to reserve 1-2 lanes for Kalamazoo College swim team members
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday at Kalamazoo College—We will no longer have the noon lap swim available on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays at Kalamazoo College
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday through Friday at Kalamazoo Valley Community College
- Participants must show a WMU or West Hills Member ID in order to attend.
- KVCC is offering this to us without charge.
- You do not have to pay for parking.
To enter the KVCC pool, use the entrance on the West end of the building and utilize the campus map to locate the pool which is located in the lower gym.
Aquatic classes up to level 3 are still being held at the Student Recreation Center.
Gabel Natatorium has been providing swimming instruction for 10 years. We offer a range of swimming lessons from infant to adult along with Guard Start, Intro to Diving, American Red Cross Lifeguarding Classes, and private lessons. We are available for pool rentals and offer open swim times for the community.
If you have not seen us lately, you need to stop in and see our newly renovated facility. We now offer a family locker room for additional privacy for our swimming patrons.