The following programs are offered in educational technology in the Department of Educational Leadership, Research and Technology at Western Michigan University.
Master of Arts in educational technology
This primarily online 30 to 33 credit hour academic degree program provides:
- Educators with a strong background in educational technology.
- Graduates with leadership skills to integrate technology into teaching and learning activities in kindergarten through 12th grade schools.
- The flexibility to complete this master of arts degree program either mostly or entirely online.
Graduate certificate in educational technology
This primarily online 18 to 21 credit hour non-degree program in educational technology provides:
- A strong framework for personal and professional development of educational technology competencies for individuals interested in acquiring a broad introduction of concepts and skills in the use of various technologies to enhance teaching and learning.
- The flexibility to complete this graduate certificate program either mostly or entirely online.
These programs prepare educators for various school-based technology roles including:
- Special education technology consultants or teachers
- Technology coordinators
- Technology instructional consultants or teachers
The fall 2012 premier issue of the program newsletter is now available thanks to the assistance of current educational technology student, Mia Gilbert and former educational technology student Pam McIntosh as well as Dr. Brian Horvitz. We are proud of the accomplishments of our students, faculty and alumni. This edition of the newsletter highlights important changes to the program and some of our students' special accomplishments and successes.
Please keep in touch and share news you would like us to include in future newsletters by emailing the information to Bob Leneway.