Adding Value to Your Resume
Thank you for your interest in employment at the University Libraries:
- University Libraries is looking for students who have work-study awards to fill open positions beginning September 2011.
- Due to the high volume of applications received each semester, you will not be contacted unless you are selected for an interview.
- If an opening occurs, the department supervisor reviews submitted applications and schedules interviews.
- The Student Employment Opportunities page includes information on all the departments that hire students along with detailed job descriptions.
- Only one application is necessary to be considered for any Library Student Assistant opening in the University Libraries.
Additional Application Instructions:
- If you have been awarded a work-study award as part of your financial aid package (see your financial award letter), please indicate that on the application. Learn more about WMU Work Study Financial Aid awards.
- Update your application by turning in a schedule for each semester/session you would like your application to be kept on file. Frequently supervisors need specific time slots staffed so your availability (day and time) is extremely important.
- If hired, you will need documentation for the Form I-9. To prevent any delay in processing your hire paperwork or starting your job, please have your documentation available. International students who do not have a Social Security card will need to check with the International Admissions & Services office in Ellsworth Hall and follow their instructions to obtain one.
Download your application and submit it by mail, fax, or in person.
Dwight B. Waldo Library
Attn: Coordinator of Student Employment
Western Michigan University
1903 W. Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5353
Fax: (269) 387-5077
Submit in person to the Waldo Library Copy Center (2028) located on the second floor of Waldo Library.
Coordinator of Student Employment
Waldo Library – Room 3010
Phone: (269) 387-5205
Fax: (269) 387-5077