Central Reference is located on the first floor of Waldo Library and is the primary “Ask A Librarian” service in the University Libraries.
The area houses about 60 public computers, a large collection of printed reference resources, and has professional librarians, staff, and student employees available to assist you.
Reference Desk hours
Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. to midnight
Friday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday: noon to midnight
Librarians are available for individual consultation.
Check the Library Liaison List for subject specializations.
- Work individually with reference staff to find information and do research
- Learn how to navigate the Libraries’ Web pages
- Develop searching skills in the best databases relevant to your needs
- Locate or ask for specific facts and data on any topic
- Seek selection advice on best sources
- Become independent users of the many resources (books, journals, government documents, media, etc.) found online and in print in the University Libraries
- Phone: (269) 387-5178 | Fax: (269) 387-5836
- Location: Waldo Library, First Floor