The LibQUAL survey is now closed.
The winners of the drawing are Terrance C Carroll, Frank A Lewis, Thomas E Moshos, and Vicki Rosas. Congratulations to the winners, and thank you to everyone who participated in the survey!
We want to know if the WMU Libraries are meeting your expectations – so take the LibQUAL+® survey and let us know what you think!
When you complete the survey, you can enter a drawing for one of four Visa gift cards: one at $250. or one of three at $100. Also, you will be helping us improve the libraries. So, take the survey and be heard!
Survey was available March 14 - April 10, 2016
What is LibQUAL+®?
LibQUAL+® is a national library survey used to find out what library users’ think of the service quality in their libraries. Over 1,000 libraries nationwide participate in LibQUAL+®, so we are also able to see how we’re doing compared to similar libraries. To learn more, visit LibQUAL+ Survey Management Center.
How long does it take to fill out the survey?
The survey takes about 10 minutes. If you are new to surveys that ask your minimal and desired service level, it might take a couple of minutes to get used to this survey format.
How long will the survey be available online?
The survey will be available from Monday, March 14 through Sunday, April 10, 2016, 11:59 pm.
When will the winners be announced?
The drawing will be held April 11 and all winners will be notified the next day.
Do your answers make a difference?
YES! We take your comments seriously! Based on past LibQUAL+® surveys, the WMU Libraries:
- Added Quiet Study areas in Waldo Library
- Extended Waldo LIbrary hours to 3 a.m.
- Extended loan periods & lowered fines
- Increased full-text online article availability
- Provided Library Search: books, articles, and more in a single search tool
- Improved journal and article access
- Improved online catalog and website design
- Enhanced and updated our online tutorial ResearchPath
- Increased power outlets in Waldo Library
We also added:
- New Education Library based on user needs
- Printing from student accounts
- Comfortable chairs, food, & drink areas in Waldo Library
- Free online citation software (RefWorks)
- Online course reserves & book holds
- Email notices for items coming due and overdue
- Ask-a-Librarian through instant messaging and Facebook
If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com. Many thanks for helping with this important project!