To ensure proper handling of interdepartmental mail, please follow these basic guidelines:
- Use the special, reusable manila interdepartmental envelopes available from mail services. For additional envelopes call 7-8812.
- Cross out all previous markings on the envelope so that the name of the intended recipient is clearly identifiable.
- Interdepartmental mail should include the recipient’s
- Full name
- Mail stop address
- Separate interdepartmental mail from U.S. mail and international mail by bundling it with rubber bands.
- Call mail services 7-8812 if you have a large mailing which requires a special pick-up or must be expedited for next-day delivery.