Master of Business Administration
All students will complete a minimum of 12 courses (36 credit hours.) Students with no prior business courses may need to complete up to 4 additional courses (12 credit hours). You have some flexibility in establishing the sequence of courses. Scheduling requirements and some recommendations for course sequencing are presented below.
- Proficiency Requirements must be achieved prior to enrolling in core MBA courses.
- Business Core (Prerequisite) courses must be completed before taking any other MBA courses.
- Business Context and Functional Core courses (eight in total) may be taken in any order, although:
- It is recommended that you take the “Business Context” courses first.
- All eight of the courses must be completed prior to enrolling in the capstone (BUS 6990) course.
- An elective course may be taken after you have completed the prerequisite listed in the graduate catalog for that elective (e.g., FIN 6120 is a prerequisite for FIN 6250).
- It is recommended but not required that you complete at least four of the eight Business Context and/or Functional Core courses before taking electives.
- Computer Literacy: Fulfilled through classroom or experiential knowledge of computer applications.
- Quantitative Analysis: Fulfilled through completion of an upper-level quantitative course such as Finite Mathematics or Pre-Calculus.
- Statistics: Fulfilled through completion of a business statistics course or its equivalent.
- Academic Communication: Prior academic experience will be evaluated to determine if this requirement is met.
Business Core (Prerequisite) Courses
The Business Core (Prerequisite) courses may be waived for students who have a bachelor’s degree in business administration or have completed relevant course work. Course descriptions are available in the online catalog.
ACTY 6010: Accountancy
FIN 6020: Corporate Finance
ECON 6010: Basic Economic Analysis
LAW 6040: Legal, Regulatory, and Political Aspects of Business
Business Context (Required) Courses
BUS 6150: Global Business
BUS 6160: Law, Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
BUS 6180: Information Technology Management
Functional Core (Required) Courses
ACTY 6110: Managerial Accounting
FIN 6120: Financial Management
MKTG 6130: Customer-Driven Marketing Management
MGMT/MKTG 6140: Supply Chain and Process Management
MGMT 6170: Leading People and Organizations
Integrative Business Solutions (Required) Course
BUS 6990: Strategic Management
Concentrations and Electives